The Galaxy S9 and S9+ will be launched in roughly a month, but are you ready for it? Well, aside from oodles of cash which the phones will surely demand, here is everything you need to know to about the S9 and S9+.
• It will be launched during the last week of February, at the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona
• There will be a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 variant and a Exynos 980 variant, just like always
• Both versions will sport 4GB of RAM as well
• The 18.5:9 form factor will be retained at the same 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch sizes as the S8 and S8+ respectively
• The displays won’t be 4K as Samsung will stick to the beautiful HD+ AMOLED displays
• The fingerprint scanner will remain at the S9’s back, but it will be moved to a more comfortable position in the middle and below the camera
• Basic storage will begin at 64GB
• Dual camera setup is expected on both the devices (contrary to previous rumors)
• One of the two cameras will sport a revolutionary f/1.5 aperture size for incredible lowlight photography
• Improved face scanning with a 3D lens is rumored
• Better battery life is expected, but Samsung may not give these handsets a bigger battery.
This, in a nutshell is what we know about the Galaxy S9 and S9+ till now, but feel free to fill in the gaps as you see fit.
Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)