The latest WhatsApp version 2.12.330 for Android packs various bug fixes and some New features along with the usual Bug fixes.
One of the new features is the ability to mute contacts individually, whereas previously you could only mute groups. You can now take control of the mobile data used during whatsapp calls and chat sessions in the new version’s settings.
The new updates also bring the ability to mark conversations as unread, although this will only take effect in your app, and the message will still show up as read to the other participants in a conversation.
The new features also include a few new setting options. One particularly interesting addition is a new low data mode for voice calls, one that, as the name suggests, will put voice calls on a data diet, a feature that will be surely welcomed in emerging markets where mobile data is still expensive.
WhatsApp 2.12.330 Change-log:
• Per chat custom notification settings and mute
• Mark chats as unread or read
• Added new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose a different color.
• When receiving a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they’re on WhatsApp
• Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
• Language support for Urdu and Bengali
You can Download the New WhatsApp 2.12.330 Official APK below, if you don’t want to wait until the update reaches your Android device via Google Play Store.